Thursday, October 4, 2012

Blog #7: Hong Kong

      Hi, this is Mie Sato. I went to Hong Kong this summer with my friend. This was my first visit there, and I stayed 3 days. Hong Kong was wonderful place, and I enjoyed very much! I'm going to tell some memories.

     This is a view from the Victoria Peak. The first day, I went sightseeing. The Victoria Peak is a mountain on Hong Kong Island, rising to 554m. It was cloudy, but I could enjoy a beautiful urban view of Hong Kong. The night scape is also famous in Hong Kong, it called "a view worth a million dollars". I put a picture of the night scape. It is fabulous, isn't it?

     The second day, I went to Hong Kong Disneyland. It was a smaller than Japanese Disneyland. I took a picture with Mickey & Minnie, and enjoyed some shows and parades of Disney characters. It was a happy time. It was interesting that Mickey spoke Cantonese!

       Cantonese and English are official languages in Hong Kong. I can't speak and understand Canonese, so I spoke English to communicate with the Cantonese. It was a little hard because some people couldn't understand English though it is one of the official languages. But to sum up, it was a amazing, wonderful trip. I could go many places, and I could eat delicious foods like "dim sum" (means Chinese snacks with tea). Someday I want to visit Hong Kong again!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Mie. Your picture of the nightscape is very beautiful! Of course, Micky and Minnie are cute in resort wear. In Hong Kong, is Disneyland popular with people of all ages?

    Chieko

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mie!This is Natsumi.
    How great the Disney Land is!!
    Can we take photo with both mickey and Minnie?!
    In Japan,we can shake hands or takephoto with only one character at once.
    I wanna visit Hong Kong Disney Land someday!

    ReplyDelete