Thursday, October 25, 2012

Blog #9: BICQLO

Hi, I'm Chieko. Do you know the new shop of the title? It was called "BICQLO" and it opened on the east side of Shinjuku Station on September 27. "UNIQLO"and "BICCAMERA" were united to form one shop(one building)!


As you know, UNIQLO is clothing store and BICCAMERA is appliance dealer. These are big companies, so BICQLO carried on a large-scale advertising in order to attract more people. I'm going to write about its advertisements. First, in Shinjuku Station, there were a large number of names, logos, and catchphrases. Look at this photo! We can see them everywhere, such as on the floor, the wall, and the ceiling.

 
 Next, there were many logos outside of the Yamanote train. Also, people would see many a lot of advertising posters hung in the train. 

 

Japanese companies tend to put many advertisements into some places for a short time. They advertise not only a new shop but a new song or product in the same way. This is good because people who saw the same advertisement many times want to go there, listen, or buy it. In business, it is very important. However, I'm sometimes sick of seeing  the same advertisement. Now, it's about a month since BICQLO opened, so I guess that there are not many logos in Shinjuku Station. I want to go to BICQLO because I knew about this new shop!

If you want to know about it, please click it!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Chieko. I went to BICQLO last month. It was very interesting because room heaters was displayed next to fleeces and sweaters. Sometimes I go to the Shinjuku Station, so I saw the ads a number of times. It was very conspicuous, but I got tired to see because of a loud color.

    Mie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, chieko.I went to BICQLO once but I was confused at the condition of being in disorder...It's a fresh idea that mixture of clothing shop and domestic appliances shoop but it's difficult for me to enjoy.

    Natsumi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chieko,
    This way of advertising is called a campaign or blanket advertising. Multimedia are used for a short time - print, posters, TV, radio. It saturates the audience with the message - go to BICLO - and has been shown to be very effective. See, even you want to go to BICLO!
    Ms. MacGregor

    ReplyDelete