Friday, October 5, 2012

Blog #5: Guggenheim Museum Bilbao


  Today I’ll introduce about Guggenheim Museum Bilbao.Guggenheim Museum Bilbao is a museum of modern and innovative art, designed by Canadian-American architect Frank Gehry and located in Bilbao,Basque Country, Spain.
   The museum’s wall has many characteristic curves designed to catch the light.The randomness of the appearing the walls makes inside and atrium of the building light-filled.And the atrium,which Gehry nicknamed The Flower because of its shape,serves as the organizing center of the museum.
   It seems misterious when sun set because of lights and shadows made by the curves.And the atrium is seen like a room that has the protection of gods.It’s beautiful!!!
I want to visit there once:)

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hello, I'm Chieko. I think that Guggenheim Musium Bilbao reflected in the surface of the water is beautiful and dreamy. I want to go there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Natsumi! This is Mie.
    As you said, this walls and shape are very beautiful.
    And this picture is wonderful, for the walls catch the moonlight.
    I love it.

    ReplyDelete