Sunday, September 23, 2012

Blog#7 The rising sun flug



Hi, this is Kana. Do you know about the meaning of our flag? Maybe few people can answer this question. During this summer my French friends asked me what is the meaning of your flag. Then I couldn’t answer at that time. So, I searched some information about it. Let’s tell you about the meaning of our Japanese flag in following sentences.


ファイル:Flag of Japan.svg

 
 Our flag is consisted of two colors, red and white. You can see from the design it symbolize the sun. In addition, it is the rising sun because of the red, when you see the sun near by the horizon it looks red. For this reason, it called “The rising sun flag” in English. Also, red and white traditionally means happy and auspicious in Japan. From the myth ages, Japanese people have understood ourselves, as the country of rising sun, the base place of the sun rising. For instance, in 1160, Minamoto Yoritomo and Yoshiie use fan which is written the symbol of the sun. In short, this symbol is very familiar with Japanese people. This is the means of our flags. It’s very simple and easy to understand. Now that I understand our flag’s meaning, I have to explain this for my friends. Also, I want to introduce this to someone who meet in the future and don’t know about our flag’s meaning. I hope this article will become good tip for my blog mates. Thanks.
 


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kana. Your blog could tell me about the long history and the important meaning that our flag has. I thought I have to know much about Japan.

    Chieko Yokobori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kana. This is Mie.
    I didn't know the meaning of our flag, so this is very useful information for me.
    Thank you for your research.
    I like our flag, but my favorite flag is the Union Jack :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kana.
    I know the meaning of our flag but I don't like it ×(
    Because I feel the Japanese thought of "Japan is the place where sun rise from is too self-consious...
    But it's interesting to learn our culture!

    Natsumi

    ReplyDelete