Monday, September 24, 2012

Blog#8: The King's Speach

Hi, I’m Kana Hirata. Today I will try to write synopsis and review about one scene of “The king's speech”. Do you know this movie? It's very famous because of its true story of the British Royal Family and I like it. So, I recommend watching this movie!!
Synopsis

This movie is a 2010 British historical drama film directed by Tom Hooper and written by David Seidler. Colin Firth plays King George VI who was suffering from a stammer, and Lionel Logue, an Australian speech therapist, played by Geoffrey Rush. The men become friend as they work together, and after his brother abdicates the throne, the new King relies on Logue to help him make his first wartime radio broadcast on Britain's declaration of war on Germany in 1939. This scene is the story which happened between King George VI and Logue, an Australian speech therapist, during preparations for his coronation in Westminster Abbey. He had still worried about to be King. Then Logue sat on his King seat and made him provocative. He had realized that he can use eloquence letter after he shouted at Logue.

Review

King George VI was born in the age of the radio. Hitler lives the same age. He had a good skill of speech and it made him to get big power. British people had wanted the special speech made by King George VI for their peace of mind. So, He had to speak in front of the audience and make a good speech for them. However, his stuttering interrupted his work. Then he started the lesson with Logue which is very strange. This film is the true story of his struggle for the stuttering. You can feel the good relationship between King George VI and Logue from this scene. Because we can guess that before Logue made King George VI angry, he had known that King must get mad and shout at him. He wanted King to realize his valiant voice. Actually, after shouting, King got confidence and, successes the coronation. So, this scene is very important and it makes our heart warm.
click here! this is a short movie.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kana. It sounds interesting! I have heard about The king's speech, but I have never watched it. I'll watch it!

    Chieko Yokobori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kana.
    I saw this movie because I like Geoffrey Rush.
    This is one of my favorite movies.
    I love heart warming jokes in this movie.
    Do you know that this movie became a play in Japan this summer?
    Higashiyama Noriyuki played George VI.
    I didn't see, but I'm interested in it.

    Mie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kana.
    I've seen the movie twice on DVD with my family and it's one of my most favorite movies!!
    The sincere friendship between King George VI and the doctor was stirring.
    Andw the scine King spoke many slangs were very very interesting.
    Iwanna buy the DVD for myself.

    Natsumi

    ReplyDelete