Sunday, November 4, 2012

Blog #10: Maruchanseimen

Hello! I'm Chieko. Do you like instant noodles? I want to introduce "Maruchanseimen". This has been popular with people of all ages. There are four tastes, such as soy sauce, miso, tonkotsu, and salt. Toyo Suisan company whose founder is Kazuo Mori had developped the new products for about five years and Maruchanseimen was sold last November.

 
Toyo Suisan company succeeded in drying up the noodles by hot wind without frying them with oil. Consequently, the noodles are close to uncooked noodles. This is one of the most favorite CMs.
This story is Maruchanseimen is very delicious and a man is absorbed in eating it, so he doesn't notice that changing his wife for another woman. The interesting point is that his face is unchanged though he sees her. Toyo Suisan have a confidence in Maruchanseimen because "Delicious" is repeated many times and "If you think it untrue, please try it." an actor said. I was interested in Maruchanseimen when I heard them, so I chose this. Repeating same words or catchphrases is effective to sell many products. I think it is good! Maruchanseimen was successful!
This is the link. Please click it!


3 comments:

  1. Hi, this is Kana. I saw this commercial at that time. Its very effective commercial!! I like noodles. My favorite taste is soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Chieko. I was interested in this commercial when I saw it for the first time, too.
    I think this commercial is simple because there are only actors and the back color is white, but as you said, they repeat same words and the story is very fun; thus, this has a big impact on viewers.

    Mie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chieko,
    This is Ms. MacGregor. The sound of them slurping noodles please Japanese ears - they think that something is tasty when they hear the slurping sound. That helps make the ad effective. What do you think about the very plain setting - simple table and all white background?
    BTW, what is "flying?"
    And last, because they don't fry the noodles in oil, are they lower in calories?
    This is not cup noodles - it is instant noodles. There is no cup.

    ReplyDelete