Friday, June 29, 2012

Blog #4: MARTa Museum

Hi! This is Chieko Yokobori. I will introduce MARTa Museum in Herford, Germany. It is one of the works of Frank Gehry and it was built as an art and design museum in 2005. In the early twentieth century, it is said that the furniture industry flourished in Herford. The main aim of this museum is to boost economy, so a lot of people come from a distance.

This is the photo of the museum! The color of the entire museum is light brown and I am interested in the shape of it.




Also, there are windows in all ceilings and the inside of the museum is bright because the sun shines through them.



Though I didn't know much about Frank Gehry, his works are very interesting! I want to visit and see MARTa Museum directly.

This is the link of this museum. Please see this!

2 comments:

  1. MARTa Museum is good! I think the light of the sun is very beautiful. I’m interesting the shape too. I like his architecture since I saw the movie of Frank Gehry at last class, his s shape is strange and fascinating. I want to see his works more.

    Kana Hirata

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kana.
    MARTa Museum is interenting shape, and I like this earth-color.
    I want to visit MARTa Museum, too!

    Mie Sato

    ReplyDelete