Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Blog#4:ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEUM



Hi, this is Kana Hirata. I saw a lot of building materials today, and I decided to introduce about ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEUM. Since I'll go study abroad to Toronto in this summer, I chose the museum located in the city of Toronto. ROYAL ONTARIO MUSEUM was built in 1912 and opened in 1914. It is usually called ROM. Works of art that exhibits a wide range of fields from archeology to art. In 2003 the new building was added to this architecture, in 2007 it was complete. This new sturacture is called Michael Lee-Chin Crystal, which was designed by Daniel Libeskind. Daniel is Poland system American. I think this architect is fusion of old and new. It is beautiful. This is the photo of the museum.


The old building connect to the new building by corridor.
Approximately 3,500 tons of steel and 38 tons of bolts were used to create the skeleton, and roughly 9,000 cubic metres of concrete were poured.

クリックすると新しいウィンドウで開きます
Daniel Libeskind

Entrance fee: $ 5 admission fee will be one hour before closing time later than 16:30 every Friday.

Place:100 Queen's Park Tel: 416-586-5549  

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Kana.
    The contrast of metals and glass is beautiful and modern.
    You'll go to Toronto this summer? I envy you!!
    I want to go there someday.
    Have a wonderful summer!!

    Mie Sato

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kana! I like a traditional museum, so when I see the photo of this, I become excited. The combination of the new building and old is great.
    Enjoy yourself in Toronto!

    Chieko Yokobori

    ReplyDelete