Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Blog #6: Seafood bowl

Hi! This is Chieko Yokobori. I'll talk about seafood bowl called kaisen-don in Japanese. It is vinegared rice topped with raw fish in a bowl. The ingredients of seafood bowl are mainly tuna, salmon, scallop, shrimp, octopus, squid, and seasoned sea urchin eggs and so on. It looks attractive because of colorful ingredients, but they are luxury food, so the price of seafood bowl is not cheap. I think this is eaten in celebration of special event, such as the New Year. The seafood bowl is very delicious. I have eaten seafood bowl many times from my childhood. I like salmon very much! While some people dip raw fish in soy sauce, I pour soy sauce on the seafood bowl when I eat it. I think hot green tea is the best suitable for seafood bowl.
This is the seafood bowl which I ate.


I love Japanese food because it is delicious and healthy. Tsukiji is the wholesale market and a lot of fresh fish and shell are sent from all over Japan to there. I want to eat seafood bowl there some time.

She is my favorite songer, BENI. Her voice is very beautiful! When I listen to her song, I can relax.
This is one of the best songs of her cover album.





4 comments:

  1. I like seafood bowl too. It's very tasty. I'm staying Toronto in Canada, I miss Japanese food. And I know BENI. She has a beautiful voice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, this is Kana. That comment is mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Chieko.
    I like kaisen-don and salmon, too!
    There is my favorite sushi restaurant near my house, so I wanna tell you about that next time.

    Mie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi chieko.
    The kaisendon looks gorgeous!I sometimes eat kaisendon too, but my favorite restaurant's is cheeper than yours...Because I'm poor.haha
    I wanna eat yours:)

    Natsumi

    ReplyDelete