Sunday, July 22, 2012

#6 Kimono



Hi! This is Kana!
This time I would like to introduce about Kimono. Kimono concerned Japanese culture deeply. Kimono is consisted of  underwear, obi,kimono, hair ornament, and socks called tabi. We sometimes put it on at celebration, for instance; marriage, graduation ceremony, coming-of-age celebration. Since I’m going to dress long-sleeved kimono for my coming-of –age celebration, I’m interested in Kimono. It has long history. The first Kimono culture was born in Azutimomoyama era. Then there was no Obi like today’s style. This is the image.

The style which we used to see is established at Edo era. The width of obi became longer than ever, and Ohashyori started to use. Also, women began to put their hair up. There were so many kinds of color valuations, a lot of ways to dye fabric were invented in Edo era.Today, Kimono is rare to see in daily, but everybody knows it. It is one of the most famous Japanese culture of which we proud. Summer is going to come soon. I want to wear Yukata for summer festival.If you want to know more, please see this.


3 comments:

  1. Hi, Kana! Kimono is beautiful and special dress. I couldn't imagine kimono except for obi! I'm going to wear yukata this summer.

    Chieko Yokobori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Kana. What color kimono will you dress for coming-of-age celebration?
    Your research is very interesting!!

    Mie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kana.
    We'll wear kimono at coming-age ceremony:)I'm looking forward the day!!
    I chose a red kimono for the day. What kind of kimono did you choose?

    Natsumi

    ReplyDelete